The study program “Entrepreneurship and Finance” is a long-term investment, especially now the state priority is support to small and medium-sized enterprises, self-employed and those who want to start their own business.
The study program “Entrepreneurship and Finance” has been developed and implemented accordingly
- The Standard of First Level Professional Higher Education issued in accordance with Section 14 (19) of the Education Act and Section 23 (2) of the Vocational Education Act (20.03.2001)
- Professional Qualification Level 4 profession “Business Specialist” Standard, approved by the Vocational Education and Employment Tripartite Cooperation Sub-Council on April 18, 2012.
- Study program "Business and Finance" licensed in 2007.
Aim of the study program
To provide knowledge, skills and competencies for the 4th level profession standard and the first level professional higher education requirements to prepare a business professional capable of planning, organizing and analysing the business and financial activities of the company, conducting commercial transactions, attracting resources and using them effectively, address staff issues, assess and address risks, think critically and take responsibility for your performance, and develop your own personal development strategy.
Tasks of the study program
- to provide students with the theoretical and practical level of professional qualification matching the fourth level of professional qualification, which allows them to work in the fields of economic activity of the company, either as an individual entrepreneur or as a self-employed person;
- to provide students with theoretical knowledge and business skills that would allow graduates to study at the fifth level of professional qualification;
- promote comprehensive professional internship opportunities by developing students' generic and common entrepreneurial skills;
- to promote students' skills for conducting independent research and practical application of its results;
- to ensure high quality methodological and technological study process;
- to encourage them to improve their knowledge and skills, to improve their motivation for further education.
|Structure of the study program||Credit points* (LV)||%|
|Study courses||General study courses||Mandatory study courses||16||20|
|Optional study courses||4||5|
|Professional study courses||Mandatory study courses||31||38,8|
|Optional study courses||5||6,2|
|Volume of the study program||80||100|
*kredītpunkts – credit points - a unit of the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) for student work accounting, which corresponds to a student's workload of 40 academic hours.
Duration of studies
Full-time studies - 2 years
Part-time studies - 2 years and 3 monthsi
Content of the study program
General study courses
- Mathematics and statistics for economists
- Business Data Analysis IT
- Business foreign language
- Microeconomics and Macroeconomics
- Business ethics and intercultural teams
Professional study courses
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Financial accounting and taxes
- Global economy and EU market
- Commercial and Labour Law
- Corporate finance
- Strategic management
- Project management
Optional study courses
- International business
- Fundamentals of financial management
- Organization and personnel management
- Budget and financing
- Organization of public administration
The first-level professional higher education diploma is awarded to a student who has completed the program and defended the qualification paper.